I wanted to draw my own concept for a game. My goal is to find a nice middle ground between eastern and western art and design. I look to put my own spin on designs I like but feel have either been over or under used. What's become generic and what never gets fleshed out enough.
Since I'm only doing concept art I picked some games that I want to use a framework upon which I will design my concepts mechanics around. Just to get an idea of what i'm imagining I want the social aspects and character development of something like the persona RPG's. They have the freedom to pursue lengthy relationships with the people around you and place it in a more modern setting. I imagine the combat to be more akin to Kingdom Hearts where you control one main character but each world may have a character who fights along side you.
Here are some of my notes on the basic concept and possible plot lines. This will become more fleshed out as I go.
1. Family moves to new town and learns townspeople have control over dreams / some use it for evil and kill to protect their secret / use the dreams to subdue evil
2. Girl learns she can enter other peoples dreams/ dreams are corrupted or tainted and solves peoples problems in dreams/ confronts those behind dream corruption
Leah moves to a small town. Leah learns she can enter other townspeople’s dreams at night. The peoples dreams have become tainted and effect their real lives. Leah discovers she can help get rid of what taints peoples dreams. Some townspeople have the ability to control and live in dreams and essentially have a second life without sleep. (I guess it’s like that new show awake) Some of them use it to live out fantasies and relax, others to be more productive. A few have ulterior motives that may be the cause of the towns corruption.
1. Ability to jump into others mind/conscience.
2. See their true self (maybe)
3. Influence them - fight to correct what corrupts their dreams
4. Each person has their own world